This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Years

Today I remember all the things I am thankful for once again.  This year had been full of some downs but many ups.  Every day I am lucky and thanful to be in this world living my dream with the people I love.
Hightlights are naturally Jacob being born first and foremost.  Also our trip to FL in Jan. (our last single time together as a family of 3!), Adam's class afloat reunion on Port's Island in June, moving onto Blew Horizon, extended maternity leave, helping one of my best friends find the wedding dress of her dreams..... and many many more. 
As I attempt to bake sausage rolls in the galley oven, for the NYE party we are going to in a few hours, I am reflecting on all the things i've learned in 2011.  One of them is that my oven does not get hotter than to 250 F, (you need a good 400 bake sausage rolls- and most things I bake!)
In reflection;
Buying cheap green tea is not worth it
Huggies diapers work best for girls while pampers work best for boys
Somehow there is the same little amount of room in the bed with kids no matter if you have a king or a full
Yet again I AM SUPERWOMAN- I went through 6 hrs of labor (fyi that tops any other super power by far)
It is possible to survive and be relatively sane if you get up everyday at 3am 
If left alone on Blew Horizon while underway I can sail solo and will survive
It is possible to take Blew Horizon out in 18-22 knots but not advisable or comfortable
I like spinning! (still hate running)
How to make fitted sheets (still working on that one)
Santa will still come even if there is no chimney and all that is left for him is a nutrigrain bar
HAPPY NEW YEARS from our family to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment