This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Thursday 29 December 2011

Post Christmas

This was the first year Marley really grasped the concept of Christmas (the commercialized santa side that is) so naturally after almost two days of being handed present after present every two seconds 'post Christmas becomes quite a letdown. We arrive at people's houses or someone will swing by and Marley will promptly ask, "Where is my present?"  Now four days post Christmas this has subsided but it did really upset me as selfishness is very out of character for my baby girl.
This Christmas was very family oriented which was nice.  My brother was down from Canada and Mark's sister is now living here although her husband is still stuck in Brazil.  We had Christmas day lunch/ dinner at my parents house after a cruise in the morning bringing Blew Horizon back to Dockyard.
My family is exactly like a never ending episode of Modern Family mixed with Brothers and Sisters.  We have all the main crew, plenty of drama, and with a good sense of humor life is a blast!
Jay and Gloria remind me most of my cousins.  He is Bermudian and a regular 'hard guy' and she is from Columbia.  Their dynamics are about the same as Jay and Gloria on the ABC hit.  At family gathering like his parent's annual Boxing Day dinner she is often lost in translation through a joke or fussing over one thing or another while her husband (just as Jay would) stands by and watches with a laugh or creates even more of a situation without her realizing.  I guess Mark and I would be like Claire and Phill although our children aren't old enough so they have their own roles in our family.  My brother is naturally Mitchell.  Hilarious! Kitty on Brothers and Sisters is my mum to a T! Slightly overbearing but with the best of intentions.  I could go on but everyone has their place and as this blog continues i'm sure you will all get a better of picture of my "Real World".  Luckily they all watch and love the show which makes good conversation as we reflect on how much we are like them all.
I have Marley home from school this week and we are out and busy.  I am really enjoying having her home and desperately wish I didn't have to send her back to school next week. However I know she is missing her friends because they are all she talks about.  She sounds like a teenager already! We spend the mornings lounging around the boat, sometimes we take a walk around Dockyard or go and visit Daddy and work.  Then we usually drive East to do a load of laundry and visit with either set of grandparents.  We try to get home before 5, cook dinner, play with Daddy once he is home and then the evening bedtime routine sets in. Life couldn't be better.  (Well maybe more boating....)
Marley at the Aquarium (BAMZ)

No comments:

Post a Comment