This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Thursday 8 December 2011

Play at home mom

Learned this phrase while reading other blogs.... totally me!
Yesterday Marley had a fever so we stayed home and oh boy was it ever a PAHM day! I don't know if she's like Mark or what it is but when my girl is sick you wouldn't really know it.  She has moments of wimpery sickness but other than that she is bouncing off the walls! Poor Jacob is still a little sniffly too so I'm not sure he appreciated his "in your face" sister running around all day but still it was great to have them both home.  If only I could be a full time SAHM and home school them... maybe one day.

We made wrapping paper.  Really easy to do.  We get the old newspaper rolls from the Royal Gazette and then we just make a mess with acrylic paint.  We tried out a foot painting idea I got from my new fav. website! Using foot prints to make Christmas trees.  SO cute.
Today Marley is back at school and Jacob and I had a little Christmas photo shoot of our own.  Cost saving ideas; using the duvet and bed chair to prop him up.  Dressed him in Marley's old santa costume add a lil favorite teddy and wham! Move over Anne Geddes!

I am really enjoying being home and finding creative ways to cut costs but still being creative and fun with my kids.
Favorite websites for this;
http://www.pinterest.com
http://www.emoo.com
http://www.shutterfly.com

Got a resource book from my brother for my birthday; "Mom Blogging for Dummies" so hopefully will be updating and improving this space soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment