This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Sunday 4 December 2011

Weeks flying by

Can't believe it almost been a week since my last post.  I guess its that time of year and WE ARE EXPECTING AGAIN!!!!
Yes thats right...
Christmas will be here again. LOL, sorry wish I could claim that for my own but saw that joke on someone's facebook a while back and it cracked me up. :) Nothing like a little holiday cheer!
This weekend we attempted to get ready for Christmas.  We didn't get all that far.  Thats one thing about living on a boat.  You end up putting seasonal things like winter clothes and Christmas decorations in different places of storage and trying to remember where all those places are can be quite a challenge!
Luckily we found the Christmas decorations but left them at nana's because they didn't fit with all of us in the car.  We also went to buy a Cedar Tree which is our version of a Christmas tree for the boat.  However they were all out.  Finally we started talking about how we were going to decorate the boat for the Dockyard Lights Competition but didn't buy any lights or anything.  A good friend recommended a solution to the lost goods issue... to send yourself an e-card dated the first week of Dec. and writing a personal message inside telling you where you have stored your Christmas decorations.  Pure Genius! Hopefully I can remember that idea by the end of this Christmas! I anticipate this week will be full of holiday festivities and the usual stress of trying to decorate and wrap before the time hits.
Last week I spent most of the week driving.  I have always heard people say thats how you feel when you have kids but I really did! Luckily Marley did not get sick this week in the car... we have new car ride rules for the morning... windows down, NO reading, and lots of singing! The tire went flat on the jogger stroller on Thursday and even when we have tried to reinflate it, it will not hold air.  There were also alot of airport runs.... Grammy and PopPop arrived back from VA on Wed. and Auntie Abbie arrived back from her trip to Brazil on Thurs.  My car also got fixed by Tuesday which is great :)  This week I have decided to buy a new jogger if I can find one reasonable on e-moo but for tomorrow I am going to try and do the morning commute with the other pram!  This week is also Marley's Christmas concert which I can't wait to see because we have been hearing about it for almost a month now.  I'm sure I know the whole routine already but i'm still so excited to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment