This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Tuesday 6 December 2011

Luck of the draw

I have only given myself 20mins. of computer time tonight. I am exhausted because Jacob was up all night with his new cold but also because I have a new internet site obsession.  It is this site that a friend got me hooked on and I could literally spend all night on it.  Not a good idea when you have a newborn who is testy about sleeping through the night as is... like they always say SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS!  That seems impossible because these days the only solid sleep he seems to get is in the car.  Enough about sleep anyway,
yesterday I broke down and got myself a new jogger stroller.  Well not brand new- from E-Moo of-course! (Bermuda e-bay site)  After I bought it I could have kicked myself, the lady killed me with her sad story of not being able to go home for Christmas... so I bought it with all 3 tires deflated! As I drove away I thought to myself... well done you just bought someone else's crap, isn't this what you were trying to replace already?! Luckily when I went to the gas station to pump up the tires the nice man who felt the need to assist me (I guess I didn't look like I knew what I was doing) was really impressed with it.  Granted he had never seen a jogger stroller before and was amazed that they made strollers with brakes now and everything.  In any case he got me excited about it and by the next morning the tires were still inflated so all in all a good $50 spent!
As luck would have it, today I was also informed by a ferry worker that my missing wheel which I was sure found its fate at the bottom of Hamilton Harbour was sitting in the ticket office waiting to be collected.  Just yesterday I made contact with someone who was selling a board on e-moo.  As my luck goes when we went to retrieve the wheel, it had been lost in the ticket office somewhere... so apparently it wasn't ment to be with that one!
The wind has settled after a windy weekend and start to the week so hopefully tomorrow we will start putting up lights for the annual Dockyard light competition. :)
Sweet dreams xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment