This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Monday 24 October 2011

Weekend Wanders

One of the biggest juggling acts of living on a boat with babies is organizing the weekend.  As a teacher by trade I get a big kick out of scheduling and my father being a police officer also passed down the neurotic time planning gene that makes me ever so OCD about when and where we have to be on any given weekend.  Going out for a sail and spending the night at a different anchorage each night is one of the best things about living on a boat.  You can literally move house whenever you want- minus the boxes and unpacking! This is something that Mark and I really want our kids to experience as often as we can and right now weekends and holidays are our opportunities to do this.  However, as a mommy we tend to sign our kids up for every experience that we think they might enjoy (not to mention might also wear them out!) 
So this weekend was no different than any other in that we had our regular errands to get done plus scheduled activities like 'gymnastics' and 'book babies', as well as some scheduled events such as 'pumpkin picking' and then a pumpkin carving party'.  On top of that one of my best friends is getting married so I scheduled a meeting with her to look at bridesmaids dresses and I joined a mommy group that had organized a brunch for Sun. morning.  But we MUST go out on the boat! 
So here was the run down... pretty impressive if I do say so myself.  Sat. am woke up LATE after spending the evening at dinner with my parents in Dockyard.  Therefore my original plan of a family outing to the pumpkin picking patch was scratched.  Marley and I quickly got dressed and raced to the pumpkin patch for 10:00 (the pumpkin supply was already getting low!), picked out pumpkin then got caught in the rain as we approached the car, made it to gymnastics for 10:30, met daddy and Jacob there (Jacob had a big feed so I didn't get to take him for a swim as I had planned while daddy did gymnastics), back to the boat for lunch and a nap, did the dished before daddy came back from work, took the little boat with daddy to finish work, then a cruise to Hawkins island and a swim, met friends for dinner in town and then an evening cruise back to the boat, in bed at 10:00pm. Not bad!  Sunday started with a spinning class at 8am :) then racing back to the boat to what I thought was going to be reliving Mark of daddy duty for a bit but instead they were waiting for me ready to go on a boat cruise again, went for a swim at Admiralty house, back to Dockyard in the boat for brunch at the reefs at 12 (daddy and the kids stayed out on the boat and swam some more at Admiralty and then met me later by boat in Shelly Bay), after brunch meeting on the beach to discuss dresses, then making it in time for sunset at Shelly Bay for a pumpkin carving contest and dinner.  If that doesn't make for an eventful and fun weekend I don't know that does.  BLISS!!! Where else is the world can you enjoy the water and beautiful scenery like that at the end of OCTOBER!!! :) We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment