This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Thursday 27 October 2011

Day Off

Yesterday Marley's nursery had a scheduled closing.  I had been wondering for a while what I was going to do with her on her day off.  I wanted to make it special because I miss having her at home.  Not that I was ever really home with her except for maternity leave but I miss her!
I decided we would take a trip to the Aquarium (she could show Jacob everything as he hadn't been yet) and then we would take Grammy and Pop Pop to the airport as they are leaving fro Virginia for a month, and then make some halloween cookies! I'm an over achiever I know LOL
sleeping babes in our bunk

The day started with a lovely lay in! (until 8:30- yes my friends without babies that is an EXCELLENT lay in!)  Then we got in the car to drive to Flatts, no one got sick but Jacob who hates the car cried the whole way until Flatts Hill.  Grammy met us at the Aquarium and we had a great time exploring everything.  My girl got her usual comments from onlookers "look at that brown berry", "check her with no shoes- real Bermudian girl!" (we did start off with shoes), "Look at the lil princess in her skirt".  I let her dress herself or at least choose what shes going to wear and some days it is quite the ensemble but I figure that fight is just not worth having.  Who cares what she wears?! Shes 2 and a half!
On the dive up I really missed Adam.  This is the kind of day he would have been a part of.  We probably would have woken him up and begged him to come with us but it would have been a blast.  He would be able to tell Marley all the things about the animals that she wanted to know.  It was a hard day without him but then again every day is.
No nap in the afternoon for either kid and we dropped the grandparents off safely at the airport before heading to nanna's to bake cookies.  I always get ahead of myself with projects like that.  Marley is still a little young to really help out the way I think she can and of course she ended up bumping her cheek on the counter while decorating the cookies! Oh well only miss-hap of a PERFECT day.
My precious girl

Tonight is make your own pizza night at Uncle Vinni and Auntie Abbies before uncle Vinni goes back to Brazil for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment