This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Tuesday 25 October 2011

Rock-a-by-baby

WOOHOOO! Its not even 9:00pm and I have Jacob down (hopefully for the night) in his bassinet and Daddy is putting Marley to bed in her bunk. Last night Jacob had a great sleep (almost 9 hours!) He went down at about 6pm and didn't wake until 2am; hopefully tonight we can shift that to 9pm-7am.  I've been having a rough time the last couple of month with getting up for Jacob's feeds, I just don't do well getting woken out of a sleep; I am a very light sleeper to begin with.
I am a little spoiled though and no one should really listen to my whining because Marley was an incredible baby and slept through the night (8pm-6am) almost right out of the hospital and so for the last 2 and a half months I have been complaining about Jacob who I must add never cries or is inconsolable but does get up every 4 hours.  After brunch with some other new mommies I realize I need to shut my mouth. I am complaining about NOTHING! and now look at him tonight! Sleeping like an angel.
I really put it down to the boat. Some people say i'm just lucky. Some are kind enough to say that we are calm parents so that's why our children are so easy but I put all the power into the environment we have created for them.  How could one not be calm and feel soothed when there is a gentle breeze of clean air coming in through the hatch, a slight buzz of a fan or the cradling of the hull as we slightly rock back and forth? Just writing that made me sleepy! BLISS!
Before we had Marley as new 'parents to be' we looked into all the new baby gear we would need.  We even bought an $700 baby hammock that we were sure would cure us of colicky baby screaming down the marina.  However we never used it as she really was an amazing baby. (I still have it for sale should an land lovers need a simulation of our 'nursery' for their sleepless baby).
I had a whole other topic for tonight's post but I think I will leave it for another day and enjoy the peace that is this evening.  Sleep tight all!
Jacob tonight just hours before his peaceful slumber enjoying playing on our bunk under a breezy open hatch! 

1 comment:

  1. Jakey boooooy!!!! he is sooo cuuuuute. i can smell his sweet baby yum from here.
    sweet dreams Blew Horizon family.
    xo

    ReplyDelete