This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Saturday 21 April 2012

Living the live

Yup, I knew it no sleep! With lots of chomping, fingers in the mouth, excessive drooling, and a slight cough baby boy is working on some more teeth and therefore no sleep! I know I shouldn't compare them like this but Marley never had any teething symptoms... It was just "oh, look Marley has a new tooth, when did that come in?".
However, sleepless nights or not this week I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be at home as long as I have.  While walking Marley to school today, it occurred to me that I know almost everything about her (I'm sure there are things that happen at school that I miss) but because we have that morning walk and afternoon car ride and all the other time, she keeps me in the loop 100% (for now anyway...) I got to drive her and a few of her friends to the lighthouse for their class trip on Wed. and learned where the baby voice is coming from.  I originally thought that with her new baby brother that was a symptom of 'big sister rebellion' however the other girl who was in our car laid it on thick! I mean COME ON... I don't think I am good at handling Marley on a good day but her baby voice caused me to want to throw her out of the car! I have always said that nursery school age was not the age for me.... they are just so icky! Always snooty nosed, wining... I just don't get the appeal some people have. Honestly, I was secretly afraid of what I would be like with my toddler as I really have no patience for that age.  Thank heavens she is a very good toddler, i'm sure i'm biased but I really don't think I would handle a snotty nosed winy kid, she just wouldn't last! HA Ha!


Marley at the lighthouse
I also know things like Jacob's symptoms for teething or when Marley hasn't had a nap at school. I really really cherish this year and am so thankful for it.  How will I ever go back?!
Jacob and I sharing a play moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment