This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Thursday 9 February 2012

Voyage Day 4

Boys are exhausting! We sailed all day pretty much and it was great.  We did a bunch of tacks and jibes out my Murry's Anchorage near the Oil Docks and got the boys really moving with the sails.  We had a lady who will be the educator on one of the overseas voyages this summer come and shadow me as the educator.  That was a little weird since this isn't really what I normally do when I come aboard and i'm not even sure i'm doing the educator position correctly.  I just gave her my pointers and let her do I trial lesson with the boys.  The received it well and it was nice to think from a "teaching the teacher" perspective...that always provides insight to your own practice.
Last night I began to really miss Mark and the kids and had a hard time sleeping because of it.  It didn't get any better today and I can't wait for tomorrow to be back with them.  It was also difficult today doing so much sailing without Adam.  There were landmarks that we passed that really reminded me of him and many quiet moments on the ship where I could imagine him double checking lines or talking to one of the kids.  I wish so much that he could be here.  In order to counter balance that sadness I was determined to teach all the kids that didn't have it down yet the bow line knot.  This is one I always struggle with but somehow but the end of each voyage have it mastered.  For some reason though by a few weeks later it has left my head.  It felt good to be able to sit with a few of them and really master something.
Night watch tonight and then hopefully tomorrow races by so I can be with my babies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment