This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Tuesday 7 February 2012

Voyage Day 2

After a wakeful night in the NAV bunk aboard Spirit more of my own fault than the noisy watch changes. I kept thinking I needed to feed Jacob.  This morning I had tests at the hospital that I wasn't able to reschedule before coming aboard.  I was thankful for the opportunity to be able to relieve Mark a bit and do the ferry run to meet Nana with the kids.  After a rough small boat ride ashore I boarded the ferry with Jacob the teddy bear and Marley the boss.  She is so organized and in charge... I wonder who she gets that from? Dropping her off to school was a real treat because I got to see her work from school which I missed at the parent teacher conference that was scheduled last night.  BOOM! Baby girl knows all her colors and shapes! A+ for mommy and daddy!
Boarding Spirit in town 

I was picked up in town by Spirit... now whats riding in style! Then we headed down north shore for St. Georges.  I'm sure there was some educational activity I was supposed to have run but instead the sailing was so perfect that we taught in the moment discussing landmarks and sail techniques.  These girls are really impressing me. They are on the ball, the captain was even having so much fun that we went out passed town cut and sailed around for a bit off St. David's head.  What a beautiful night after a cold but refreshing swim as the full moon rose and the sun set.  We shared "High Tide and Low Tide" which is your highs and lows from the day and the watch I shadowed went really deep with it.  I was able to sharing stating that my high was the sail around St. Davids Head and the swim and my low was doing this voyage without Adam although I shared that this group of girls were keeping me very positive because they were doing so well and I was grateful for the opportunity to continue to come aboard on voyages like these.  A girl from the watch shared after my turn and said "Don't worry Ms. Brookes; Adam's spirit is here with you and with us all on this trip!"....... BEAUTIFUL, and I couldn't have said it better myself.  I haven't really 'felt' him yet but his presence is here on the ship, he is a part of it forever.

Big girl's first dentist visit! 
This evening I was sent this beautiful picture of my big girl who went to the dentist for the first time today.  Although I struggle with missing these 'first moments' at least the world of technology keeps me in contact and abreast to it all.  She told me tonight about the "Treasure Chest" they have at the dentist where she got to pick out a ring.  Wow she is growing up fast... but beautifully.
Tomorrow we switch over crew, the girls go to the island and the Clearwater boys board spirit.  Should make for an interesting day.  Perhaps tonight was not the best night to volunteer to give the engineer a break and cover watch duty. I may need my rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment