This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Tuesday 24 January 2012

Peaceful weekends

Well I can't say that I have been good about writing.  Sorry my faithful followers! Please message me if you are really mad so at least I know you are out there!
Last weekend was beautiful but we didn't take Blew Horizon out again.  I don't know what it is that is holding us back.  It seems like there is always too much to do or we have too many social commitments to make it worth it.
I did realise last week that my little girl is growing up too fast.  I think she is even dealing with her first bits of jealously as a big sister.  Although she doesn't show it out right, I can tell she is a bit fed up with me always saying things like; "In a minute I'm just finishing feeding Jacob"... It's hard because although I am a stay at home mom I end up spending a lot of time with my children but also a lot of time doing everything else.  I feel I am teaching my children excellent life lessons and it is for sure quality time with my kids that not everyone gets but I think what I am missing is the special one on one time with each of them.
This weekend I tried extra hard to find ways to spend a little extra time with Marley even though I also had Jacob.  For example Jacob was taking a short nap (because that's the only kind of nap he has) and rather than rushing to get a house chore like the dishes done while he was out of my arms I took Marley up on deck and fed the fish with the left over bread that Karen had given us last week.  It was great.  It was only a few minutes but it was quality one on one with my baby girl who is definitely growing up too fast!!


This weekend we also did a little scuba snorkeling (not my choice) because we forgot to bring weights with us and a wet suit and dive tank will keep you a float while attempting to dive to the reefs below.  It was a truly beautiful weekend and while we didn't move house we did make the most of it putting around the South shore reefs and later a trip down north shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment