This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Monday 5 November 2012

I'm Baaaccckkkk!!!!

I know its been forever and I hope you all haven't given up on me.
After May the summer really settled in, life in Dockyard was bustling and I lost time to post. We had an exciting last 5 months or so. We celebrated Jacob's first birthday. None other than a pirate theme with many of his closest adult friends out on Somerset Long Bay.
Jacon Turns 1

We also got a lot of sailing time in, especially over the cupmatch holiday (2 day cricket match celebrating emancipation in Bermuda)
We started off at 9 beaches but our batteries died quickly so came back into the Marina for a night and recharged. We then went back and anchored off in Mangrove Bay, back round to 9 beaches for 2 more nights then headed back to Mangrove Bay for the Annual Non-Mariners race on the Sunday.  It was a full 5 days off the dock and the kids handled it really well. By Sunday Marley was pretty worn out and spent a good 3 hours in her room 'reading' to herself.  It was an interesting time which allowed us some insight to how they would make out if we finally did let go for a while.

Family Vacation, Kings Dominion Virginia USA

We also manged to get off the rock for a week. We went and visited my parents in Virginia. They have a log cabin in the middle of the woods outside Richmond. It is a peaceful place and another venue in which the kids could be at one with nature.  Marley enjoyed herself thoroughly, riding the horses, spotting deer and squirrels and enjoying all the adventure that the great USA has to offer.
The summer ended quickly with the slow disappearance of the cruise ships and the arrival of 2 near miss hurricanes. So far we have been lucky, especially given the disruct Sandy has done recently.
I am also back to work. This is a new challenge but I have to say it is good to be back. Marley has settled into her pre-school year at nursery and Jacob is enjoying his one on one time with Nanna and Grammy and Papa. He also finally figured out walking for the first time last Friday.  I was lucky enough to have caught him as I picked him up from Nannas house that afternoon. It just finally clicked for him and now there is no stopping him!
I will be posting again soon, as i'm hoping you missed me and we have a lot more to share. Heres a recap in pics... enjoy

Tide Pool swimming at Spittal Pond




"Jake and the Dockyard Pirates" Summer 2012 theme song


learning to paddle board

Our cupmatch hoist in memory of Adam


Marley making the most of her summer




I entered my first running race in June (will probably be my last lol)

Marley sails her first Opti with buddy Rachel, Cupmatch 2012


My best friends wedding in Oct. Marley was the flower girl and me a bridesmaid. A beautiful day and end to the summer


No comments:

Post a Comment