This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Monday 4 June 2012

Marlena's Insight to the World

This little girl is so amazingly wise beyond her years and probably even mine. She drops my jaw almost weekly with her little insight to the world she lives in. Just the other day we were leaving my mums house and she commented on the value of living things. My mum has a slug problem at her house and they eat all her beautiful plants but rather than use pesticides she found an 'organic' killer for the pests; salt. It apparently burns them to death. Marley spotted these left over remains in the form of a pile of salt and dead slug and gasped with horror as we walked down the step. "Mummy" she said, "Someone has killed those things. That is very bad. You shouldn't kill anything; every living thing is important and special." She's so matter of fact it kills me. I totally agreed and praised her for her concern and then she added, "except cockroaches, you can kill them". Ahhh Marley PERFECT exception!!

Another wise comment from my extraordinary 3 1/2 year old was tonight when her and Mark went for a walk while I settled Jacob for bed. They went to visit the Spirit and Uncle Adams plaque. Mark said he missed Adam and Marley said she did too. She then added that she was so glad he was up in the sky and could watch them though. Mark asked her how she knew Uncle Adam was in the sky. She said she just did. He rephrased his question to "who told you Uncle Adam is up in the sky?" She replied with... Get your tissues ready, "I just know daddy, I can feel it in my heart".   No need for anything else, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment