This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Friday 11 May 2012

Round the Sound

This post is now two weeks old but I have them all saved on my phone... eventually I might figure out how to post from my blackberry!
In order to de stress a little last Tuesday I decided to do a walk around the sound. (Harrington Sound that is for my International Readers- I think there are one or two of you. Harrington Sound is approximately 7 miles) I've walked it before so I was prepared for the challenge and really felt I needed it to get myself out of this rut. A few things went very wrong that day. First of all my sneakers are starting to look like Marks shoes and are the same walking/ running shoe I've been using for the last 2 years, secondly I ended up going in the middle of the day in the blazing heat, thirdly I had no i-pod (I really need someone more itunes savvy than me to hook me up with a wicked workout mix; I'm still listening to Collie Budz!), forth I have never done round the sound pushing a 20lb baby in a carriage (much less in the heat of the day), I didn't take enough water, and I left from nanas house which meant two giant hills at the end of the walk! YIKES!! I started off with a good walk/ run pace with a few sprints here and there as I tried to clear my head. I just couldn't turn it off until I got about halfway round and then it was like a switch went off and I stopped thinking about all the drama. By then I was totally regretting the no ipod move.  At Shelly Bay Jacob woke up and I was well past exhausted. All I could think of was the two hills at the end of the route I would need to conquer! That just wasn't happening, I think emotionally things have taken their toll lately, plus lack of sleep, plus a 7 mile walk! I was just done, over it and wanted to go pick up Marley and go home. Sheepishly I called Nana who was at a friends house visiting a new baby but not before I snapped this great picture of Jacob at the Aquarium dock. Love these days with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment