This blogs intent is to provide a living journal of our experience raising our children on boats. Please ENJOY, COMMENT and SHARE!!!







Thursday 9 May 2013

Back at it

Mercy it has been too long! I got a friendly Facebook reminder from a friend who recently had a baby that it had been quite some time since my last post. I didn't realize it had been this long.
Being back at work has been challenging and I feel our boat life is slightly suffering for it however this week I taught a lesson to my M3 students about a choice of migration; stories of two women one moving to a more rural area to have her baby in hopes her baby would grow up "knowing her roots" and the other contemplating moving back to an urban lifestyle after 11 years out in the bush. Their reaction was typical western world teenager mindset; urban urban! Teachnology!!! But it did give me a chance to do some personal reflection as well.
Why DO we live on a boat?
What are we sacrificing and what are we gaining by doing so?
Is it best for our kids?
I could spend hours writing the answers to these questions from our opinion but instead I'm going to keep writing about our life and experiences and from there I should be able to paint a picture of what our answers would sound like.

So where to start?! Well most significant since I last posted was Mark and Is marriage, yup we did it after 13 years we finally tied the knot! But the events leading up to it are quite humorous so read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment